1-2-3 Newsletter - Read Time - 4 Mins
Hello, and welcome to a another edition of the Tech for Finance Newsletter where we have:
Plug-ins should now be available to everyone using the Pro (paid) version of ChatGPT. If you don’t have it, feel free to skip to sections 2 & 3 of this newsletter.
If you’re looking for a free alternative, you may want to checkout Google Bard plugins. For instructions on how to set that up, refer to my previous newsletter - How to use Google Bard with Wolfram Alpha.
IMPORTANT - A lot of plugins are still not validated by OpenAI. Mainstream ones like Zapier and Expedia are, but the majority are not. So please proceed with caution.
Step 1 - Open Settings
By clicking the bottom left of your screen next to your name and selecting settings.
Step 2 - Enable Plugins
By clicking on Beta features and switching the toggle. If you don't see it, it's because the release hasn't made it to you yet, or you're not using the paid version of ChatGPT (Pro).
Step 3 - Switch your model
Click the drop down at the top of your screen under the GPT-4 Model
Step 4 - Open the plug-in store
By clicking the link
Step 5 - Install your plugin
There's no plugin search yet, so you'll have to choose from new, popular, or all plugins, and just scroll through the pages until you find one you want to install.
Step 6 - Select your plugin
By clicking on the GPT-4 dropdown and selecting the plugin you want to use.
My recommendation is you only have one plugin selected at a time right now as it’ll likely lead to less errors / work quicker.
My favourite plugins right now:
2. Ask Your PDF [Unvalidated]- Upload your PDF and ask it questions from within ChatGPT. More info here.
3. Zapier [Validated] - Chat to your other apps and automate workflows from within ChatGPT. More info here.
1. [Podcast] I recently had the pleasure of interviewing Tariq Munir - Head of Finance - Operations & SC at PepsiCo Australia. He shared some invaluable insight on AI & machine learning, his work with python and data visualisation, as well as sharing tips on how to approach transformation. Check out the full discussion here.
2. [Post & Guide] Earlier this week, I posted 4 step-by-step tips for improving your presentations based on my previous conversations with Soufyan Hamid and Nicolas Boucher. You can find the post here. And you can also grab a copy of their newly release PowerPoint for Finance guide here.
1. Loopin - Browser extension that helps you run more productive meetings, so you can focus on the conversation. Find out more here.
2. Paymefy - Optimise your debt collection with AI - Find out more here.
3. Simple ML for Sheets - Make predictions using your data in Google sheets without any developer expertise - Find out more here.
So that’s it for this week. Did you like it?
I’m always looking for feedback, so anything you don’t like, or anything you want to see more of, let me know by replying to this e-mail.
Until next time.
Make sure to join the waitlist for ‘The Ultimate GPT Framework for Finance: ChatGPT, AutoGPT & Beyond”
It will include:
Know someone else that'll like this? It'd mean a lot to me if you could forward on 🙂